Sunday, March 29, 2009

An Evening With Kway Teow For Two


26th of March 2009 (Thursday)


Assalamualaikum, and a very good day to you all, guys.

We meet again in my next post. Thank you for keep reading my posts. I really appreciate you all.


On 26th of March (Thursday), the same day,after I had finished with my driving-test, I had a ''date'' with my friend in the evening. She is actually a counselor in the school of mine.
We went to one of the famous "kway teow kerang (cockles)" stalls, located in Simpang Kuala, ermm... I think. I don't know the actual name of the location... haha. Because, she was the one who drove me there.

The fried "kway teow kerang" was really nice and delicious that I could eat it more than one dish. But, I would not do that and please don't do that if it is not necessary (not nice). Like some people said, "...makan sebelum lapar, berhenti sebelum kenyang...". This statement is true though.

Do you know what is kway teow? Kway teow literally "flat noodles" is a popular noodle in Malaysia and Singapore. This noodle is best served as char kway teow, literally "fried flat noodles". But in Malaysia, char kway teow is served as soaked fried kway teow. While, fried kway teow is another dish that is served in dried one. But actually, char kway teow means fried kway teow.

The term "Char kway teow" is a transliteration of the Chinese characters "炒粿條", based on the Min Nan spoken variation of the Chinese language. More precisely, "炒粿條" is pronounced as chhá-kóe-tiâu in Min Nan, and cháo guǒtiáo in Mandarin. (credited to Wikipedia)

But, as an advice, please don't take fried kway teow too often. Because, it has a reputation of being unhealthy due to its high saturated fat content.

Wah! Dah lari tajuk ni... hehe. Sorry.

All in all, I really had a good time with her. She is such a pleasant woman, who really cares about others, and we always share stories to each other. She is also such a good listener. Thank you so much, may Allah bless you always.

I hope this moment will come again, even though tomorrow will never be the same again as today. This memory will always stay in my heart. (*^_^*)

Good day, bubbye.

Mohiz MFM


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 - 2013 by Mohiz M. Faiz. All rights reserved.
http://mfm-mohiz.blogspot.com/

Mohiz M. Faiz