Monday, May 2, 2011

Diet



Just now, I went to see my old friend. It has been a very long time ago since our last met. He was so surprised. "Hey, you look slim! What is your secret?" he asked. Actually, this kind of question has been asked to me several times ago. Thus, I decided to share what I did and how I managed to lose weight. It is not a secret anymore.


There are many tips that I've tried in order to lose my weight. I'm dying to be slim. So, these are few things that I practiced:

1) Set your goal: In order to gain or achieve something, setting your goal is a very important thing. It plays a very important role in order to make your first step to achieve something. In this matter, you want to lose weight. Thus, set your goal that you really want to lose weight and you will try the best and give all out to lose your weight.

2) Weigh yourself before starting your diet programme:

Secondly, you must weigh yourself before start your diet programme. This is to ensure that you can monitor your progress.

3) Watch what you eat:

Next, you will need to watch what you eat. As this cartoon said, it is very important to have a balanced diet. Please avoid eating high calorie foods. For instances cakes, ice-cream, candy and many more.

4) No junk food:
Junk food is not good for your health. Thus, avoid this kind of foods. Such as burger, french fries, and many more. Almost every junk food is high in calorie and cholesterol. Plus, they are also added with mono-sodium glutamate (MSG), a kind of food-additive which is not good for your health. I can't explain the details of this MSG because it is not my profession. You can search it in the internet though, in order to know about it. Well, I know.

5) Go for low-calorie/healthy snacks:

There are many kind of low-calorie/healthy snacks nowadays in stores. There are many brands that you all can choose. If you love to eat biscuits, try to search for whole-grain or low-calorie one. If you like potato chips, try to find trans-fat free, or with no added MSG. If you like to eat snack bars, you can also find healthy snack bars in stores nowadays. Try to find one. Please avoid the one with high sugar content. You can also try yogurt as your snack.

6) Eat a lot of vegetables and fruits:


Vegetables might be not that delicious for many people, especially for youngsters. But, you need to know that vegetables are really good for your health and you must start to love it since young. I myself usually didn't like vegetables. But if you try to love it, you will love it. For examples carrot, broccoli, lettuce, tomatoes and many more. I'm not going to list it here. But, green vegetables are recommended.
As for fruits, many people may love fruits but, there are also many people made a mistake in choosing fruits. Fruits that I really recommended are apples. An apple a day keeps the doctor away.

7) Don't waste your calorie for drinks:


Many people nowadays really love to drink sweet drinks which are high in sugar content. One big example is teh tarik (literally "pulled tea"). This is not a good habit as this kind of drinks contain high quantity in condensed milk, which is high in calorie thus will make you gain weight. I only drink plain hot/warm water. That is really recommended. You can drink coffee, but don't add sugar. Well, some said that you need sugar (glucose) in your body. But, you didn't notice that what you eat also contains sugar. So, no more need it in your drinks.

8) Workout:



There are many workouts that can be done. If you are too lazy to go to the gymnasium, try to do it in your own house. Actually, I'm not really a kind of person who loves to go to the gymnasium. As for me, I bought body twister disc. It can be done in your own room. It works for your legs, waist, chest and also hands. I also used to walk for about 30 minutes a day. Besides that, I also dance. Put on some pop dance songs, so that you can dance to the beat. It makes you sweat. Try it.

Well, I guess that's all what I've practiced. The result is, my weight can be as lowest as 65kgs and my maximum weight it up to 70kgs. Compared to last time, I weighed 86kgs. So, how many did I loss? You can count it people. Last time, my waist is 38 inches, and now my waist is 32 inches. Alhamdulillah, I'm happy with this result. My effort finally paid off.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 - 2013 by Mohiz M. Faiz. All rights reserved.
http://mfm-mohiz.blogspot.com/

Mohiz M. Faiz